Thursday, January 27, 2005

Confirm this!

I notice that Condi Rice got hauled across the fire pit in the confirmation hearings. They straight out called her a liar. Just in not so many words. Didn't stop the nomination, of course. I'm pretty sure nothing short of a mob with torches and pitchforks would've done so.

Oh...wait...that would never work. Ummm. Maybe nothing could have stopped the nomination. Score one for the Pod People. You know the ones I mean--the very people who'd be shrieking like their privates were on fire if a Democratic administration had pulled a fraction of the crap that this Republican administration has pulled.

You know what I'm saying. Of course, the counter argument to this is whether the Democrats would be howling like mad if a Democratic administration had done the same thing. I wish I knew. But this is why I'm a Centrist. I think anyone's who's loyal to party politics over their own consciences should be tarred and feathered and rode out of the country on a rail. To great fanfare. Then again, those who don't seem to have a conscience could be forgiven, I suppose. Where would the world be without sociopaths?

Don't answer that.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home