Friday, June 17, 2005

Missing person report

"911."
"Yes, I'd like to report an abduction."
"Who was abducted, sir (or ma'am)?"
"My sister."
"What is her name, sir?"
"Liberty."
"Her name is Liberty? Liberty what?"
"American Liberty."
"I see. Liberty is her LAST name. When was she abducted?"
"I'm not exactly sure, but I noticed she was missing on Nov 2nd, 2000."
"I see, sir. And why has it taken you so long to call us about this?"
"Well, the bastards that took her told me it was for her own good, and that they'd bring her back when she was safe."
"And now?"
"And now I'm afraid they'll NEVER bring her back."
"Well, we'll send someone around to take a report, but I must admit I'm not very optimistic. It's been a long time and, usually, when someone has been missing this long, it's rare that we find them alive and well."
"Thank you." (sobbing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home